October 14, 2022
Approaches to Climate Resilience in rural, remote, Northern and Indigenous Communities
by QUEST Canada and Evergreen
Community Solutions Network
Discussing the impacts of climate change and different methods for building climate resilience in rural communities.
This presentation was delivered at the Community Solutions Network innovation exchange event (October 14, 2022) with presentations from Quest Canada, the Tamarack Institute and Sandy Bay First Nation.
- Communities across Canada already face climate change impacts
- The costs and damages to property and infrastructure are rising
- Risk exposure may increase with climate change
- 90 percent of Canadian Energy Utilities have also been impacted
- Community systems and energy distribution systems are essential, interconnected, and must be adapted to become more resilient