Solving community challenges together with data and technology
We define a smart city as a resilient, inclusive and collaboratively-built city that uses technology and data to better the quality of life for all residents. At Evergreen, we refer to our smart cities work as the Community Solutions Network.
The Community Solutions Network works with every type of community: big, mid-sized, Indigenous, rural and northern to build innovation capacity that supports greater connection, inclusion, and sustainability.
Since the fall of 2018, the Network offers guidance and collaborative learning opportunities through co-designed events and specialized advisory services.
What we do:
- Facilitate learning via virtual, regional events that bring together municipalities, Indigenous communities, municipal networks, academics, and subject-matter experts.
- Provide one-to-one advisory services and communities of practice in key areas of data & tech to build internal capacity.
- Produce resources to support learning and build awareness of replicable solutions like research briefs & toolkits and the podcasts Future Fix and Face au Futur
- Host Canada’s largest curated collection of smart city resources on the Evergreen Resource Hub (you are here!).
- Broker relationships between well-matched participants and partners.
- Provide services at no-cost to participants.